- Discovered Pinterest
- Added a new member to the family:
- It snowed
- Went to a Once A Month cooking class with a friend and then found a great site called Once A Month Mom with lots of recipe ideas. I haven't jumped totally into it yet but there are certain things I'll make double or triple batches of so I'm slowly filling the chest freezer in the garage.
- Discovered Jalapeno Cheddar Scones at Whole Foods - can't get enough of them!!
- This Ultimate Dog Tease video make me laugh until I cried.
- Fell on my butt in the Safeway parking lot thanks to cheap shoes and rainy weather.
- Got flowers at work from Mr. K because he was thinking about the day we met - how sweet is that?!!
- We checked out Red Ridge Farms in Dayton which is a winery and an olive oil mill - I didn't even know Oregon had olive trees!
- We saw Mary Poppins at Keller Auditorium.
- I discovered dessert nachos and homemade iced coffee which we drank the rest of the Summer!
- The neighbors set off great fireworks. Koko hated them.
- We spent a weekend at Lincoln City and took Koko on her first hike to Drift Creek Falls, she even has a little backpack so she can carry her own water and snacks!
|On the suspension bridge over Drift Creek.|
- We took a quick road trip down to CA, stopping in Salinas, Cayucos, and Sacramento to visit some family. It was the first time we boarded Koko and we missed her terribly!
- Had dinner at The Gilt Club in Portland after seeing it featured on a Food Network TV show where they highlighted the homemade pork rinds, it was pretty good!
|The Farm in Salinas|
- We finally made it to the Tualatin Crawfish Festival. I stuck with the gumbo and chowder but Mr. K really enjoyed sucking the guts out of these little guys.
- We had garage sale in August as well. The little cash bump was nice but it was a lot of work!! Don't think we'll be doing that again anytime soon!
- We discovered the Tualatin Farmer's Market where we had tamales that Karl says are the best he has ever eaten
- We went to Bend to celebrate our sixth anniversary. Karl had never been before and I hadn't been in a long time so it was fun to do something new. We stayed at The Oxford Hotel downtown where the valet guy gave us some great eating advice - Tart Bistro for dinner and CHOW for breakfast! We also hiked Tumalo Falls which was four miles in and four miles back out! I can't believe I hiked that much but it was worth it, there were so many waterfalls on the way up and the perfect little stream where we took a break and soaked our feet before turning around for the hike back down.
|Dinner at Tart Bistro. He's so cute! I'm so pale!|
- Went to a pink kitty themed birthday party for my friend's little girl, Kylah, who turned 3! I had the amazing privilege of seeing this little girl being born and I can't believe it's been three years already!
- I cooked my very first turkey which turned out really good! The gravy on the other hand... it was more like pudding, haha!
- Holiday potluck at work which of course required some Cranberry Salsa!
- Headed North to see some of my family for Christmas and ended up going on a hike Christmas Eve and got this pretty view of Mt. Rainier:
|Taken with my phone, it looked a lot closer in person.|
And now we're on to 2012...
(updated the recipe blog too!)