January - Our New Year's was pretty quiet but that's how we like it. We just rented movies and I think we were asleep by 10 or 11. We don't like going out and dealing with crazy drunk people making silly decisions so we just stay home. Once we have kids I'm sure we'll start the whole stay up until midnight thing again, but if we don't HAVE to be up that late, we won't be. I finally had my wisdom teeth removed at the end of January. They prescribed Halcion for me to take the night before and the morning of, I think it's an anti-anxiety type of med. When I took it the night before I had just eaten and I was up at least an hour before I started feeling a little wobbly and went to bed (slept great!). So the next morning I was supposed to take it again an hour before the appt and I did, but it was on an empty stomach and I don't remember anything after about 30 minutes from taking it. Seriously. The last thing I recall was putting on my shoes to leave and the next thing I knew Karl was putting me in bed with ice packs. I never gave Karl directions to the doctor's office so I'm not too sure how we got there but we did. Karl took great care of me too, waking me up ever four hours to take my pain pills. I only threw up once and he handled that well too, didn't even flinch or gag, haha! If anyone needs an Oral/Maxillofacial Surgeon I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Stacy Geisler in Lake Oswego, she was amazing! Her office and my dentist's office even sent flowers, how cool is that!
Not much happened in February that I can remember. Valentine's was low-key, Karl ended up having to work a lot. He wasn't supposed to but he got a few emergency calls and in this economy you don't turn customers away! In honor of Valentine's Day, here are 14 things I love about my husband and being married to him:
1. He is a very hard worker with a stronge work ethic.
2. He still likes to hold hands and cuddle.
3. He remembers the little things, like that I prefer to drink Pepsi in a to-go cup with a lid, a straw, and just a little bit of ice.
4. He sends me flowers at work and includes a box of chocolate for the girls I work with.
5. He lets me sleep in on weekends even though he's always up at the crack of dawn.
6. He likes to watch Jon & Kate + 8 with me... our kids will be way cuter ;o)
7. He fixes my computer for free when I unknowingly download junk.
8. He's smart about so many things and instead of making me feel stupid he patiently explains.
9. Even though he may not see or talk to them often, he is extremely loyal to family and friends.
10. He supports and encourages me in my ideas, especially recently with the start of Bella Joy Creations.
11. He is a super cute and funny guy.
12. He loves me even though I'm not the greatest cook, housekeeper, or most fashionable.
13. We have a lunch date almost every weekend to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant.
14. It's impossible to stay mad at him because he has this goofy smile that gets him out of trouble every single time.